Deputy Mayor for Environment heads Greening Inland Shipping Conference line-up
London’s Deputy Mayor for the Environment, Shirley Rodrigues, has been announced as one of the main speakers for the capital’s first Greening Inland Shipping conference at The Crystal, London, on Tuesday 10 September.
The Port of London Authority (PLA) is hosting the day-long conference, which features sessions on the political & environmental context for greening shipping, international research & development projects and lessons learnt by technology pioneers. The event will close with a review of the business case for green technology and how operators can apply for grants from the Mayor of London’s Air Quality Fund to reduce emissions from boats.
The roster of speakers is set to include:
- Shirley Rodrigues, Deputy Mayor for Environment Greater London Authority
- Claire McAllister, Department for Transport
- Hege Økland, Maritime CleanTech
- Annet van Lier, Cleaning Inland Shipping project
- Edwin Pang, HySeas III project
- Sean Collins, Thames Clippers
- Danny Price, Transport for London
- Martin Weunsch, Siemens
- Hans Thornell, Green City Ferries
- Phil Dulson, Kotug Smit
- Alan Murphy, University of Newcastle
- Bjorn Gunnerholm, Blue Advisory Group
- Sefinat Otaru, Cross River Partnership
- Donato Agostinelli, Wartsila
“We are delighted to have attracted such a strong panel of speakers,” explained PLA environment manager, Tanya Ferry. “The day will provide delegates with a comprehensive overview of the latest technology and research into greener options for vessel power. This insight combined with the practical ‘lessons’ learnt sessions from early adopters of the new technology and its financial benefits, is set to underpin the drive for change amongst Thames vessel operators.”
A small number of speakers are still to confirm; the full prospective programme can be found online at: https://server1.pla.co.uk/Events/Greening-Inland-Shipping-Conference.
Exhibitors confirmed for the September event are: ABB, BAE, Cross River Partnership, HITEC Maritime CleanTech, Industrial and Marine Silencers, Kotug Smit, MIT/Transfluid, Siemens, Vortex and Wartsila.
Notes to editors:
- For more information on the Greening Inland Shipping Conference & Exhibition, and to book to attend, visit: http://www.pla.co.uk/Events/Greening-Inland-Shipping-Conference-Exhibition
- The PLA committed to host the conference and exhibition in the ground-breaking Air Quality Strategy for the tidal Thames, launched in May 2018 (https://www.pla.co.uk/assets/airquality2018.pdf). The event is being run during London International Shipping Week (9 to 13 September 2019), which highlights London’s key role on the international maritime stage and the strength and breadth of the UK’s maritime offering.
Port of London Authority
Port of London Authority
Find out more/follow: