Marine Engineering Apprenticeship
Start your career in the marine sector this September, by applying for an apprenticeship at the Port of London Authority.
Our apprentices encounter all aspects of the river, from the cargo vessels downriver at London Gateway to the recreation and sport upriver at Putney. The Marine Engineering apprenticeship offers an opportunity that will allow you to explore the maritime sector, receive first-class training and shape your own experience as a PLA apprentice.
- Location: Gravesend, Kent
- Salary: £10,000
A PLA Apprenticeship means…
- Practical hands-on experience working on the different vessels that we operate on the Thames
- 28 days paid annual leave
- Benefits including private healthcare and the Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Professional qualifications
How to apply
Marine Engineering Apprentice
Where you will get to work towards recognised qualifications gaining experience across our fleet on vessels and plant. But you will need at least four GCSEs (or equivalent) grade A to C, level 9-3.
- You don’t need marine experience as we provide all the training you need.
- You must be at least 18 years old by the 1st of September.
- You must have the willingness to gain your driving license.
For more information about these positions please contact Rachel De Bont firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marine Engineering interviews take place on the 15 July 2021.