New Website for Port of London
A new website is launched today by the Port of London Authority (PLA) to coincide with the introduction of the PLA’s new commercial branding.
www.pla.co.uk retains the PLA’s existing web address, but has been completely revised and updated throughout to make it more user friendly. The new site contains a wide variety of commercial and maritime information along with news for customers and port users. Designed for quick and easy access, it also provides essential marine safety and navigational advice.
The site includes information on:
- PLA services and the River Thames
- all the cargo handling terminals that make up the Port of London
- commercial facilities and services
- cruise ship visits
- details of ship arrivals and departures
- pilotage and towage arrangements
- navigational issues including Notices to Mariners
- current and predicted tides
- policy, regulatory and strategic issues
Geoff Adam, PLA Head of Port Promotion said:
“This new website has been specially designed for our customers across the globe. It will also assist potential customers looking at the Port of London as the natural gateway to the key markets and economic centres of the UK’s capital and surrounding regions.
“www.portoflondon.co.uk gives vital information to transport operators, cargo handlers, shipping companies, agents and seafarers. It gives full and speedy information on facilities and services within the Port of London to both existing and potential customers - whether at their office, at home or on board ship.”