The world’s last steamcoaster has been towed up the Thames to its birthplace in east London.
The 300-tonne SS Robin arrived in the Royal Docks on July 13 after leaving the capital in 2008 to undergo a £1.9m refit at Lowestoft in Suffolk.
The vessel, built at the Thames Ironworks Shipyard, was launched in 1890. During its 80 year working life it visited 140 ports around the UK and Europe.
The coaster will now be converted into a floating museum say its owners, the SS Robin Trust.