Public meeting about the Thames
A public meeting about the River Thames will take place at the Island Yacht Club, Canvey Island on Thursday 16 October 2014 at 6.30pm. The meeting is an opportunity to put questions and issues about the Thames direct to senior staff from the Port of London Authority (PLA).
The meeting will be hosted by PLA chief executive, Robin Mortimer, with the PLA deputy chief harbour master Julian Parkes. It will begin with a brief presentation on current and future matters about the tidal Thames and the PLA. The floor will then be open to questions and discussion.
Commenting, Robin Mortimer said:
“This meeting is for anyone interested in the River Thames - from safety matters through to recreational issues and wider port, river and cargo operations. This will be an opportunity for us to listen to people’s ideas and to discuss our work."
The meeting is free and open to anyone interested in current and future issues relating to the Thames.
More information from: Martin Garside, Port of London Authority, Tel: 01474 562366. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
- The Port of London Authority (PLA) manages navigational safety and related matters on 95 miles of the tidal Thames from west London, through the capital, and out to the Thames Estuary and the sea
- The tidal Thames is the busiest inland waterway in the UK for cargo and freight; is home to many busy cargo handling terminals; and is also used widely by passenger boats and small recreational craft of all types
- Venue details: Island Yacht Club, The Clubhouse, Point Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 7TX.
- Start time: 6.30 pm
Nearest public transport:
- South Benfleet railway station.
- Buses 22/27/27A/27X
- Car parking available immediately outside the Yacht Club