Richmond Filming Terms and Conditions
Catering and Removal of Litter
- All catering arrangements must be agreed in advance
- It is the responsibility of the producer/location manager to ensure that all litter is removed before the end of filming each day
- All charges will be agreed, and an agreement signed, in advance of filming
- Please note that a filming license for footage of the river Thames must be applied for prior to any filming taking place with the PLAs Corporate Affairs department
- Excess charges will be applied for any time overrun
Checking In and Out
- The location manager or notified person responsible for filming should contact the Duty Lock Foreman (0208 9400634), on arrival and again on departure.
- Richmond Lock is a working structure over a tidal river and as such any work with children must be risk assessed and agreed with the PLA's Assistant Harbour Master (Richmond) (AHM(R)) in advance
- A child is considered to be a young person of less than 16 years old or still subject to full time education.
- Any areas to be coned off must be agreed in advance.
Cranes, Camera Cranes and Aerial Platforms
- Use of cherry-pickers or cranes must be agreed in advance of filming. The exact position of such equipment will be agreed and the producer/location manager will ensure that the position is maintained. Access for emergency vehicles must be maintained at all times
- At night, or at times of poor visibility, warning lights must be placed around any cranes or cherry-pickers whether parked on a roadway or not
- Rigging and de-rigging must only be carried out at times agreed with AHM(R) in advance of filming.
Health & Safety and Risk Assessment
- Full consideration of Health & Safety issues must be taken and proven by the producer or location manager
- The producer or location manager must appoint a competent person to act as the Health & Safety representative and a full risk assessment of the location must be carried out
- The Health & Safety representative must be on location at all times to co-ordinate and monitor Health & Safety systems and any control measures put in place as a result of the risk assessment
- The instructions of the Assistant Harbour Master (Richmond) or Duty Lock Foreman should be followed at all times.