We are seeking bids for financial support for projects that will help improve the environment of the tidal Thames, in line with the goals of the river development framework, the Thames Vision.
The environment fund is part of the PLA’s work to deliver the Thames Vision 2035, which aims to secure greater use of the Thames and see the river between Teddington Lock and the North Sea become the cleanest since the Industrial Revolution.
In our first round of annual project funding, we are looking to fund projects that can be completed by December 2021 that achieve specific objectives around Invasive Non-Native Species (INNS) and Litter.
A total of £25,000 is available for schemes, with no single project receiving more than £5,000.
Who can bid?
- Community groups
- Universities and academia
- Other not for profit organisations
What types of project will we be looking to support?
The full list of objectives for projects that the fund will support is:
Invasive Non-Native Species (INNS)
- Eradication of an INNS in an area of the tidal Thames
- Trial of a new method for the management or eradication of a INNS on the tidal Thames
- Relevant research into the life cycle, ecosystem interactions or spread of INNS on the tidal Thames with the aim of better informing eradication of the species in the river.
- Design and/or trial of a new innovative method of macro and micro litter removal from the foreshore and water of the tidal Thames
- Research into the pathways of litter and pollution entering the Thames; including ways of managing these pathways
- An educational programme relating to litter and it’s impacts on the environment.
- A public awareness campaign to drive a long-lasting reduction in the amount of litter entering the tidal Thames
What’s the application process and deadline?
For your project to be considered you need to complete and send us the form you can reach via this link. Once completed, the form needs to be sent to: EnvConsultation@pla.co.uk
The deadline for applications is 5.00 pm on Friday 28 May 2021.
Please contact out environment team via the email address: EnvConsultation@pla.co.uk