Greening Inland Shipping Conference & Exhibition
10 September 2019 – Siemens Crystal
9.30 am to 4.00 pm (registration from 8.30 am)
We are convening the Thames’ first Greening Inland Shipping Conference & Exhibition at Siemens Crystal on 10 September 2019.
The event is being held to give Thames vessel operators and interested stakeholders an opportunity to find out more about lower and zero emission vessel technology.
Hosting this event is one of the 18 actions set out in the Air Quality Strategy for the tidal Thames – the first for any UK port – which we published in May 2018. These actions provide a framework for collective effort to reduce emissions of air pollutants from vessels on the river, including particulates and nitrogen oxides.
The conference and exhibition falls on Day Two of London International Shipping Week (LISW).
The conference is set to be centred on three themes:
- The evolving political and environmental context for river operations
- Development & research into new technology
- Operators’ experience adopting and using new technology
In combination, the sessions will reflect: the imperative for change; the technology available today and in development; and practical experience of operators bringing new technology into operation. Potential speakers have been approached and the programme of confirmed guests will be confirmed shortly.
The exhibition will feature stands from companies active in developing, supplying and being a catalyst for the adoption of new technologies which reduce or eliminate vessel emissions.
The Greening Inland Shipping Conference & Exhibition is being held at the Siemens’ Crystal, one of the world's most sustainable buildings and home to the world's largest exhibition on the future of cities.
The Crystal (One Siemens Brothers Way, Royal Victoria Dock, London, E16 1GB) can be reached by public transport including:
- By Underground and Docklands Light Railway (DLR) - The nearest station to the Centre is Royal Victoria Station (Zone 3) on the Docklands Light Railway (DLR), only a three minute walk away from the Crystal.
- By River and Cable Car - The MBNA Thames Clipper service stops at North Greenwich Pier from where you can take the Emirates Air Line Cable Car direct to the west end of Royal Victoria Dock.
Register your interest
If you are interested in joining us for this ground breaking Thames event, please email us to register your interest: email@example.com
We will update this webpage as details of the event programme, speakers and exhibitors are confirmed, so check back soon.
Be part of the Greening Inland Shipping event as an Exhibitor. We now offer a day of exhibiting and networking opportunities for businesses that wish to further their brand awareness and exposure at the event.