Head of Risk and Compliance
Job title: Head of Risk and Compliance
Department: Sustainable Marine Operations
Reporting to: Director of Sustainable Marine Operations
Salary: starting at £76,106 per annum + Car Allowance (Cash Alternative)
Base: Between Gravesend and London. Occasional travel to other sites also required
Closing date: Friday 21st January 2022
Interview date: W/c 31st January 2022
The Port of London Authority, a major UK Trust Port, is the statutory harbour authority for the tidal Thames.
The Sustainable Marine Operations function directs, coordinates and enhances a diverse group of support related activities, including Marine Services, Marine and Civil Engineering, Hydrographic and Environmental teams, together with several other functions including Risk and Compliance, to ensure that operational and business needs are delivered safely, efficiently, and compliantly.
This is a new role established to integrate the Authority’s risk and compliance functions to ensure that risk is being effectively managed and mitigated at all levels, and has appropriate systems in place to ensure statutory compliance and delivery of the organisation’s strategic and operational objectives and continuous improvement.
The postholder will formulate the strategy and values of the risk and compliance function, providing leadership in risk management, developing and delivering the compliance functions of the organisation, and ensuring that the management systems are relevant and appropriate. Acting as the principal risk and compliance advisor to the Board, Executive Committee and other stakeholders, and ensuring the PLA delivers high quality, commercially responsible, stakeholder focused services.
- Degree level education, membership of a relevant professional institution, with a minimum of 5 years of senior-level management experience in a comparable role.
- Lead Auditor qualification.
- Knowledge and experience of use of risk management tools and techniques
- Knowledge and experience of ISO management systems and certification
- Experience and successful track record in stakeholder engagement and managing stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
For further information or an informal discussion contact;
Jackie Elvin - PA to Director of Marine Operations - 01474 562323
- Agile Working Policy
- 30 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Generous pension
- Onsite parking with electric charging
- Discounted membership with Gravesham Active Leisure
- Access to Occupational Health, Mindfulness, Counselling and Physiotherapy
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme