Thames Tideway Rowing Prize
2010 runners up RUMS were the first student-run club to win an award and are putting the cash towards a boat! (click on image to enlarge)
We run an annual competition assessing the safety of rowing clubs on the Thames. The competition was set up after the introduction in 2006 of the Rowing Code of Conduct, developed jointly by us, working with the Thames Regional Rowing Council (TRRC).
Each year PLA and TRRC together assess the performance of clubs on the river and present prizes totalling £2,000.
The introduction of the Rowing Code is part of a wider PLA initiative to enhance safety on the upper tidal Thames between Putney and Teddington Lock. River users have easier access to advice, with a PLA river manager based at Richmond Lock. Specially designed patrol boats are better suited to the shallow waters of this part of the river and are considerably more fuel efficient.
- Overall Winner: Tideway Scullers School
- Runners up: Imperial College Boat Club and Auriol Kensington Boat Club
- Overall Winner: Vesta Rowing Club
- Runners up: Mortlake, Anglian and Alpha Boat Club and Barnes Bridge Ladies
- Overall Winner: Auriol Kensington Boat Club
- Runners up: London Rowing Club and HSBC Rowing Club
- Overall Winner: Cygnet Rowing Club
- Runners up: RUMS and Thames Rowing Club