Our website uses cookies so that we can provide a better service. Continue to use the site as normal if you're happy with this, or find out how to manage cookies.

Temporary Works

Works of a temporary nature (such as scaffolding to facilitate redecoration and/or repair works to river walls) require a licence unless they are non intrusive in which case the written consent of the PLA is required.

If you are proposing to undertake temporary works and as a result of undertaking those works less than 50m3 of dredging would be required then it will be possible to licence this de-minimus dredging when the temporary licence is issued.


The following should be provided with any application for temporary works:

Please submit completed applications to lic.app@pla.co.uk

Related: Frequently asked questions about the licensing process