Becoming a Port of London Authority Pilot opens the door to a long and rewarding career on the tidal Thames.
As a Port of London Authority employee, you’ll have access to generous benefits, including:
- A starting salary of £54,665 per annum, inclusive of allowances, with linked progression through the Pilot classes
- A working pattern of nine days on watch, six days off duty once qualified
- 28 days leave per annum, rising to 30 days when you reach Class I Pilot
- A relocation allowance when moving within 12 months of obtaining Class 4 Pilot authorisation
- Private health insurance
- A generous pension, which includes death-in-service cover and pension benefits for dependants
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- A structured training programme with supported continuous professional development
About the Port of London Authority
As a trust port, the Port of London Authority has no shareholders and operates for the benefit of customers and stakeholders now and in the future. Our operations cover 95 miles of the River Thames, from Teddington to the North Sea.