Environmental Reports and Strategic Documents
The Port of London Authority is the custodian of the tidal Thames; through its activities and the regulation of others we are committed to leaving the Thames in a better state than we received it.
We will achieve this by improving practices within our operations and sharing lessons learnt with others; we have set targets in reducing energy usage, carbon emissions in the organisation and emissions to air from the marine activity on the port. We will always plan for and drive adaption to climate change on the Thames and in our own resilience. We are committed to being a UK leading port for environment commitment and working in European and World ports to helping the sector drive forward positive contributions to the UN’s SDG’s.
Playing a key role in helping the PLA achieve its environmental goals, the Environment team monitors the organisation's progress against strategic frameworks and publishes its findings.
PLA and the Environment
- Air Quality Strategy
- Greenwich Ship Tier Summary Air Quality Report
- Emission Reduction Roadmap
- Air Quality Inventory
- Best Practice Guidance for Inland Fleet Operators
- Emissions and Performance of Alternative Diesel Fuels on PLA Harbour Service Vessel – Kew
- Energy Diversity in the Tidal Thames
- UCL PLA Emissions Sampling Summary Report
- Climate Change Adaptation Report Third Round Update
- Climate Change on the tidal Thames Infographic
- Climate Change Adaptation Reporting: Second Round Reports
Nature and Wildlife
- Conservation Management Framework
- Marine Mammal Leaflet
- Thames Ecology Poster
- Holehaven Birds and Barges
- Rainham Leaflet